You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘desserts’ category.
Here are two recommended rhubarb dessert recipes:
1. CSA member Syneva highly recommends the Almond Rhubarb Coffeecake recipe she found on allrecipes.com
Almond Rhubarb Coffee Cake
SUBMITTED BY: Neris PHOTO BY: LUSENDA
“This cake is sweet and almondy with rhubarb delectability.”
PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 30 Min
READY IN 45 Min
Original recipe yields 2 – 9 inch round cakes
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups rhubarb, chopped
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round pans.
In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla together until smooth. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in rhubarb and 1/2 cup almonds. Pour into prepared pans.
In a small bowl, combine white sugar and butter or margarine. Stir in 1/4 cup almonds. Sprinkle topping over batter.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
2. Rhubarb Dessert recipe shared by Carol, one of your farmers.
1 white cake mix, mix as directed.
Mix together and sprinkle on top of cake mix:
3-4 cups rhubarb
1 small package raspberry jello
½ cup sugar, or less, as desired
Mix together until pudding consistency:
1 small pkg vanilla pudding
1 ½ cups milk
fold in 8 oz cool whip
spread on top of cooled cake & enjoy!!
CSA member Aisling writes:
As promised I am sending the recipe for the rhubarb custard pie I have been making. I think it is so good.
All the best,
* 1 (9 inch) pie shell
* 2 cups chopped rhubarb
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 4 teaspoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spread rhubarb evenly across unbaked pastry shell.
3. In a medium bowl combine sugar, flour, and nutmeg. Mix well, then add eggs and milk. Beat until smooth and pour mixture over rhubarb layer.
4. Cover edges of pie shell with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes. Remove foil from crust and bake an additional 10 minutes.